Consolation brings joy

"When I said, 'My foot is slipping,' your unfailing love, LORD, supported me.
When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy."
Psalm 94:18-19 (NIVUK)


I have often felt overwhelmed in my life. Being pulled in different directions often makes me feel disconnected, angry, stressed out. When I have a lot to deal with, I tend not to deal with it very well. However, there has always been (and still is) one thing that would draw me back to sanity: a call from my mum. She always listens graciously, prays fervently and calms any kind of nerves. She can make me smile when no one else can.

And that's what I think of when I read the above verses. When I can honestly say to God that I'm struggling, He does not turn me away, but loves me as I am. When I am fearful about the uncertainty of the future, He consoles me and brings me back to a joyful place. Just like my mum - even better than my mum - God shows us love when we turn to Him.

Thank you, Father, for your unfailing love. Thank you that you do not run away from us, but come toward us when we turn to you. Lord, may I know and share your love wherever I am today. In the name of Christ. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breakfast On The Beach (Penny Cox)

Be Alert (Liz Morris)

God Sings Over You With Joy (Penny Cox)