Oh deer...

"As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, my God.
My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God?"
Psalm 42:1-2 (NIVUK)


Many of us will find this time of social distancing very difficult. I'm looking at you, extroverts... Even though we can use technology to communicate and stay in touch, there's still a sense of loss by not being together in the same room.

And this is exactly what the Sons of Korah feel as they express their longing for God. It is also interesting to note how they respond to this sense of loss: they burst out in praise.

"Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Saviour and my God."


The great comfort we can take from this psalm is that, because of Christ's sacrifice on the cross and His victory over death, there is nothing that can isolate us from our loving Father in heaven. God's love for us is not dependent on a good wifi signal, or a good webcam. It is not limited to visiting hours at a certain time of day.

So when can I go and meet with God? Right now.

Lord God, thank you that I can come to you wherever I am. Thank you that you are not far away. Thank you that you do not distance yourself from me, but that you welcome me whenever I turn to you. Remind me to do so by your Spirit throughout this day and everyday. Amen.

Comments

  1. I'm finding it hard because this is my 3week but this has given me focus and hope thank nico

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Be Alert (Liz Morris)

Breakfast On The Beach (Penny Cox)

God Sings Over You With Joy (Penny Cox)