Dependence is hard (Nico Marais)

“Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much nore valuable than they?”
Matthew 6:26 (NIV)
A lot about our current circumstances are forcing us to be dependent on various things and people, like grocery deliveries, internet providers, etc. And it may makes us feel like we’ve lost a bit of control; like we’ve lost a bit of our freedom. So we, naturally, look forward to the time when we will be less dependent on others again.
I’ve often felt the same about God. When faced with a challenge or difficult situation where I am powerless to make any difference, I happily turn to God. But I also await the time when I don’t have to depend on Him afterwards. I think that today’s reading reminds me that I am more dependent on God than I would care to admit. And that’s a good thing.
So the question is: What would my life look like if I realise my utter dependence on God and live my life accordingly, even after all this is over?
Father God, thank you that care for me and provide for me. Thank you that you have always been faithful and always will be. Open my eyes to how you are working and what you are doing and I will glorify you as I depend on you more and more. Amen.

Comments

  1. "So the question is: What would my life look like if I realise my utter dependence on God and live my life accordingly, even after all this is over?"
    Wow, this is an enormous and vital question for me. Thank you bringing my attention to it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Be Alert (Liz Morris)

Jesus and the strong man (Nico Marais)

Do not be afraid: God’s purposes (Keith Nurse)