I come (Sheena Marx)

Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.
Matthew 11:28-30 (NLT)
"I come"
Just As I Am
I love the words of this old hymn that encourages us to come to God, to come ‘just as we are’.
I have enjoyed coming just as I am to phone-in meetings, no rushing around to get ready in the morning! There’s been lots of funny photos doing the rounds, of people in their pj’s, or with unkempt hair, attending meetings online. Really Lord, you mean…….just as I am!
I don’t know about you but ‘just as I am’ can change several times over the course of a day, in fact some days I’m not quite sure I could answer the question ‘how are you?’
There is a genuine invitation to ‘come’ to God exactly how we are, no role playing how we think we should be, no masks, no pretence, just come and be ‘real’.
I know I can slip into ‘coming’ how I think God wants me to come, yet a stirring inside me often says, “You have prayed exactly what you think I want to hear, now ‘come’ and layout those hidden things, even the things that don’t make pleasant hearing”!
May you hear His voice today inviting you to come to Him just as you are.
Prayer:
Father, may each one of us experience the acceptance we find in your love, when we are brave enough to come to you as we are. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be Alert (Liz Morris)

Jesus and the strong man (Nico Marais)

Do not be afraid: God’s purposes (Keith Nurse)