Made In The Image Of God (Penny Cox)

“I love the Lord, for he heard my voice; he heard my cry for mercy. Because he turned his ear to me, I will call on him as long as I live.”Psalm 116 1-2 (NLT)
During this period of ‘social distancing’, I have been so grateful for the wonders of technology. My daily WhatsApp, text and e-mail conversations with friends and family, together with our online church services, HTR.Choyr.com and daily encouragements have helped me to feel connected.
All the effort, skill and technological expertise that has gone into developing these means of speaking to each other show just how important communication is to the human condition. So, if it’s this vital to us, then how important is it to our Heavenly Father? After all, the Bible tells us that we are created in his image!
We have a God who is sovereign above all, yet he leans down to hear us, because he loves us and we are precious to him. Isn’t that so encouraging? Let’s spend time in conversation with him today.
Prayer:
Heavenly Father, thank you that we are your children and that you listen to us and love it when we speak to you. Forgive us when we don’t listen properly to you, or others, or take the time to have a conversation. Help us to reflect your image through our interactions with others, and help to always talk to you through prayer. Amen.
Penny Cox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be Alert (Liz Morris)

Jesus and the strong man (Nico Marais)

Do not be afraid: God’s purposes (Keith Nurse)