Whole heart (Sheena Marx)

Praise the Lord! I will thank the Lord with all my heart as I meet with his godly people.How amazing are the deeds of the Lord! All who delight in him should ponder them.
Psalm 111:1-2 (NLT)
"Whole Heart"
Praise God from whom all blessings flow
Immediately we are told to praise the Lord with our ‘whole’ heart! Sometimes I can and sometimes there’s a corner that is struggling to do so. It’s such a challenge!
Every part of the author of  Psalm 111 pulses with the energy of gratitude and worship. I love the intentionality here, ‘I will’ thank the Lord.
In these strange times when days stretch out before us there is a part of me that can ‘drift through the hours of a day in a brain fog and I feel I’m not doing anything ‘intentionally’, as ‘automatic pilot’ kicks in when the days ‘look’ the same.
The Psalmist is pointing out so clearly that we should be intentional in Praising God. Even if we cannot rejoice in our circumstances we can rejoice in the Lord! There is even a clear plan revealed to us as we read the Psalm showing us how we can do this ‘wholehearted’ praising!
We are to:
·      Begin and end our day with worship and praise
·      Remember the goodness of God and His great works
·      Rely on His word
·      Obey His Will
So despite our present circumstances and the difficult season some of us are enduring, let’s be intentional about drawing on the Spirit and in His strength wholeheartedly praise God!
Prayer:
Lord, by your Spirit enable me to praise you with all my heart today and to remember the many ways you bless me.
Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be Alert (Liz Morris)

Jesus and the strong man (Nico Marais)

Breakfast On The Beach (Penny Cox)