Do not be afraid: God’s people (Keith Nurse)

In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
Philippians 1:4-6 (NIV)
Looking at this photo reminds me just how much our church family means to me, and how much I miss it! Yes, from time to time we fall out, or hurt each other, or let each other down, but the encouragement we receive from journeying together in our faith makes such a huge difference.
That’s the way God intends it. Many times and in many ways the Bible speaks of the strength that comes from standing together with others. I flourish through their help and support, their prayers and teaching, their wisdom and challenge. But they also flourish if I have a heart to serve and am ready to look to their needs.
St Paul reminded the Corinthian church that everyone is important and special in the Body of Christ, and needs everyone else. And particularly at a time when we may feel vulnerable, uncertain or afraid, it’s great to know we have a Christian community who are cheering for us, even if for a time it has to be from the other end of a phone or video call. Ask God to bring to your mind one particular person in our church family who you can encourage today.
A prayer - Thank you, Lord, that you have blessed me so much by making me part of a wonderful church family. Please help me to see what I can do in these troubled times to strengthen my family bonds, open and ready to both give and receive encouragement and support as we stand together. Amen
Keith Nurse

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be Alert (Liz Morris)

Jesus and the strong man (Nico Marais)

Breakfast On The Beach (Penny Cox)