Let's Pray (Liz Morris)

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
Philippians 4:6

We need to be continually reminded to pray - to talk to God, to tell Him about what’s going on, ask for His help and remember to thank Him. It’s amazing how we so regularly get caught up in our own thoughts and conversations and forget to just stop and say those two simple words ‘let’s pray’.
I am learning how important it is to pray about everything and getting into good habits of prayer has become a priority in my life. I have not always found it easy to pray. There were times in my life when hurts turned to bitterness and became a huge barrier in my conversations with God. I also stopped reading the bible which I now depend on to give me words to pray in line with His will. Many times, I struggle to open my mouth and pray out loud in a group, yet I find it very uplifting to listen to other people pray and I have never listened and thought ‘that prayer was wrong!’
One of the best things about the new way our staff team is working remotely is that we google-meet every morning at 9am to pray and I hope, beginning our day in prayer together is one of the things we will continue to do beyond lockdown. Some of us have started to do the Pete Greig’s The Prayer Course together which is so refreshingly simple and challenging at the same time. After watching the video and discussing it we make sure we say, ‘let’s pray’ and bow our heads. I’ve started to learn that the quicker we cut to the chase, the quicker God can move so why not be the first one to say ‘let’s pray’ in your setting too!
Let’s pray - Father God, thank you that we can come to you just as we are and that you delight in us when we talk to you and include you in what we are doing. Help us to build lives of prayer, remembering not just to ask you for things, but to be thankful for what you have done and are doing, and to seek to be with you as you make your home in us. Amen.
Liz Morris

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be Alert (Liz Morris)

Jesus and the strong man (Nico Marais)

Breakfast On The Beach (Penny Cox)