The One (Liz Morris)

“What do you think? If a man owns a hundred sheep, and one of them wanders away, will he not leave the ninety-nine on the hills and go to look for the one that wandered off?
Matthew 18:12

How could we trust a God that just hung out with the pack and ignored those around the edges? We would always live in fear of the day that it might be us on the edge, un-noticed, forgotten and overlooked. If we were in the pack, we would mistakenly think that we were only loved and a part of things because we’d earnt it and what kind of certainty of His love would that give us?
I love this verse, I was blessed to have discovered a Heavenly Father from a young age who came looking for me and as an adult I have experienced Him finding me when I was lost. I am fully assured of his love whether I feel alone, or I am surrounded by like-minded people. Our God loves us so fully and he always goes after the one, no-one is beyond reach, including you! One of the best ways to really know this love for yourself, if you are unsure, is to be looking out for the one in your setting that might feel forgotten, go after them, show them His love and you will feel the love of God filling your heart to overflowing! Who will be the one you go after today?
Prayer - Thank you Father God that your love is beyond anything we can experience from this world, there are no limits. Help us to receive your love and feel our lives transforming, may we be people on earth who manifest the Kingdom of God and spread the love of God in the knowledge that no one is beyond reach. Amen.

Liz Morris

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be Alert (Liz Morris)

Jesus and the strong man (Nico Marais)

Breakfast On The Beach (Penny Cox)