Trust Me (Liz Morris)

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding
Proverbs 3:5

This Proverb is so full of rich wisdom and instruction and I’d recommend reading all of it! I chose this verse today, because I think even if we read it every day, we would still struggle to fully put it into practise. Being told to trust, saying you trust or knowing you should trust are all very different from actually trusting.
I had a wonderful moment recently whilst brushing my teeth which may encourage you! My mind was battling with worries and concerns. My thoughts were whirling, my shoulders were tense, and I was beginning to hold my breath when the words ‘trust me’ dropped straight into my spirit. I immediately relaxed into a powerful and timely knowing that I can absolutely trust in Jesus. I realise I can’t control everything or bring about all the desires of my heart, but He can. Instead of leaning on my own understandings I need to actually trust Him.
I am rarely confident to say ‘God spoke to me’ because I don’t often trust the voices in my head! However, I can confidently share that the relief God gave me through those words was something beyond my control. It was a powerful reminder in the moment and those two simple words return to my thoughts regularly as I continue to surrender my thoughts and hearts desires to Him.  
A prayer - Thank you Jesus that we can trust in you, thank you that you know all our worries and fears and that you have placed desires in our heart that you will purify and fulfil if we trust in you. Help us to not only say we trust in you but by the power of your Holy Spirit to ACTUALLY trust in you. Amen.

Liz Morris

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be Alert (Liz Morris)

Jesus and the strong man (Nico Marais)

Breakfast On The Beach (Penny Cox)