Be Bold (Liz Morris)

Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore, go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely, I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

Matthew 28:18-20

 

There is a brilliant book by Liz Forkin Bohannon titled ‘Beginners Pluck’. In it she reminds us to be like beginners, running boldly into opportunities understanding that we know very little and are likely to fail. She tells how her failures shaped her journey to future success and she shares practical help on how to find a passion and follow a dream with surprising advice like ‘you are average’ and ‘dream small’! I found it liberating to hear the opposite of what I would have expected from someone who continues to achieve such bold objectives.

I’m not sure about you, but I have found that during this time of lockdown, I have had to step out in lots of new ways, these Daily Encouragements have been one of them! I have found that if I embrace the help of the Holy Spirit (and my delete button) I can boldly start typing and trust the right words will come.

What gifts are in you that you have not yet found the boldness to use? Which idea is buzzing around your head (and heart) trying to get your attention!?

Why not use the authority in heaven and earth that is in you and take a bold step today?   

Let’s pray: Father God, thank you that you are with us always, to the very end of the age. Thank you that with the authority in us that we receive through your Son Jesus, we can boldly live our lives in the ways that you have called us to. Amen 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be Alert (Liz Morris)

God Sings Over You With Joy (Penny Cox)

Breakfast On The Beach (Penny Cox)