Grumpy and Tired (James Clee)

“Friends, haven’t you any fish?”
“No,” they answered.
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.”

John 21: 5-6

I hate being told what to do. I can be stubborn, especially if I think I know best.

I imagine after a whole night of unsuccessful fishing, the disciples were grumpy and tired. The professional fishermen had caught nothing. But when a ‘stranger’ on the shore tells them to cast their nets again the disciples could react in two ways. They could be stubborn and refuse the advice from the ‘amateur’, or they could trust and obey.

Let’s trust and obey God today, even if we think we know best, let's commit our plans to Him and trust and obey.

A prayer - Lord, help us to be less stubborn and more trusting of you today. Amen

James Clee

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be Alert (Liz Morris)

God Sings Over You With Joy (Penny Cox)

Breakfast On The Beach (Penny Cox)