Just imagine… (Louise McFerran)

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

Ephesians 3:20-21

What’s your imagination like? Albert Einstein once said “Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.” I’m not sure my imagination stretches that far! But if it did, that makes today’s verse even more exciting to me for 2 reasons: 

Firstly, it reminds me that God is so much bigger and more wonderful that I can imagine, even on my most creative and imaginative days! Even if my imagination embraced all there ever will be to know and understand, God can do immeasurably more!

But secondly, we are reminded that God wants to use His immeasurably wonderful power in and through us. If we ever feel like something is too hard, then let’s take a moment to remember this verse.

I’ve been doing The Prayer Course over the last few weeks and it has been so helpful in suggesting tips to help us pray. The videos are all online if you want to catch up. One very good tip is to pause for a moment before launching into prayer. Why not pause with this verse before you pray today.

Lord you are more wonderful than we can even begin to imagine! Thank you that your power is at work within me. Transform me and use me for your glory.  Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be Alert (Liz Morris)

Jesus and the strong man (Nico Marais)

God Sings Over You With Joy (Penny Cox)