Thanks (Louise Wells)



“I thank my God every time I remember you.” (Philippians 1v3)

You would think that I would know our memory verse by now! Nine words, but as I typed it, I had to double check I had got the words in the right order. Thankfulness is so important: there are numerous studies to suggest that being thankful can help us to be more positive.  

I wanted to end this week's encouragements by being thankful. I am thankful to those who answered my questions and encouraged me, and I hope that you are thankful too. I am thankful for those who speak words of encouragement to me and many others in our church family. I am thankful for the way that the roses have bloomed in our front garden (they really persevere through my lack of knowledge and care). I am thankful for walks outside and I am thankful for chocolate. However, most of all I am thankful for a God who loves me so much that he sent Jesus, so I can always have a relationship with him.

So today let's see how many things we can be thankful for.

Heavenly Father thank you for friends and family, food and drink, sunshine and rain. Help us today to be thankful for all the good gifts you have given us. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be Alert (Liz Morris)

God Sings Over You With Joy (Penny Cox)

Breakfast On The Beach (Penny Cox)