Recognition (Nico Marais)

Jesus said to them, “Come and have breakfast.” None of the disciples dared ask him, “Who are you?” They knew it was the Lord. Jesus came, took the bread and gave it to them, and did the same with the fish. This was now the third time Jesus appeared to his disciples after he was raised from the dead.
John 21:12-14

I wonder sometimes where Jesus was between the times he appeared to the disciples. This was the third time he appeared to them, but by now they knew it was Him. They did not dare to ask who He was! They may have done so the first two times He appeared, but not this time.

That encourages me. Sometimes I still find it hard to recognise Jesus in my daily activities: meetings, commute to work, people I chat with, etc. But the encouraging thing is that, as I spend more and more time with Him, the better I will recognise Him in the day-to-day.

And somehow there is always food involved. Probably because Jesus knows that we need nourishment as well as companionship.

A prayer - Lord Jesus, thank you for providing in many different ways. Thank you also that you do not play hide-and-seek with me, but that I can see you and experience you in all aspects of my life. Open my eyes to see you and open my heart to recognise you today. Amen.

Nico Marais

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be Alert (Liz Morris)

Jesus and the strong man (Nico Marais)

God Sings Over You With Joy (Penny Cox)