Grafted To Jesus (Penny Cox)

"I am the vine and you are the branches"

John 15:5 (NIV)

For my birthday, I received a small lemon tree. Over the last few months my little tree grew a strange offshoot. I did some research and found that it was called a “water shoot” and that it could be cut off and grafted on to another lemon tree. Isn’t grafting amazing? A branch from one plant can be joined with the stem of a different plant to get all its strength and nutrition.

Jesus tells us that “If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit”. In effect we are grafted on to Jesus. Jesus is our root, Jesus is our strength, Jesus provides all that we need. What an encouragement!

Prayer:
Thank you Jesus for your wonderful promise to love us just as your Father loves you. Help us to remain in you today, whatever our circumstances.  Amen.

Penny Cox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be Alert (Liz Morris)

Jesus and the strong man (Nico Marais)

God Sings Over You With Joy (Penny Cox)