Jesus and John the Baptist (Nico Marais)

 “Then Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan to be baptized by John. 14 But John tried to deter him, saying, “I need to be baptized by you, and do you come to me?” Jesus replied, “Let it be so now; it is proper for us to do this to fulfill all righteousness.” Then John consented.”

Matthew 3:14-15

A friend of mine won the South African Pop Idols competition in 2010.  When he returned home after his victory he was asked to do a show at one of our local theatres.  I was trying to buy a ticket for the sold out show when I received a phone call from him asking if I would like to open the event for him, i.e. to be the pre-show show.  I was greatly honoured by this and accepted it, of course!
However honoured I felt, it still pales in comparison to the massive honour we all have to be participants in God’s plan for salvation and change in this world.  Like John I want to ask Jesus, “Me? Are you sure?”  The answer is and always will be a resounding ‘Yes!’  Then, like Isaiah, I want to reply: “Here am I. Send me.”  Have you heard God’s call?  Has He made any difference in your life?  Would you like to be part of His plan?

A Prayer: Jesus, thank you that you not only involve me in your plan for salvation, but that you trust me with it.  Help me be a faithful servant to you and those around me, to the glory of your name and for the expansion of your kingdom.  Amen.

Nico Marais

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breakfast On The Beach (Penny Cox)

Be Alert (Liz Morris)

Jesus and the strong man (Nico Marais)