Sing Your Encouragement (Penny Cox)

"Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ"

Ephesians 5 :19-20 (NIV)

Community singing is a fabulously uplifting experience, as any football or rugby fan can tell you that. But singing our worship has a special significance.  One of the aspects of attending church that I have really missed over these past few months is sung worship. I love singing praise together with others. Even though as a child I was hugely embarrassed by my music teacher telling me I had to mime when singing in the choir - I still haven’t quite got over the experience! I apologise to those who may have experienced my less than dulcet tones.

Whatever our musical ability, the Bible tells us to sing praise to God. If you get chance today play one of your favourite hymns or worship songs and let it be your companion and encouragement as you sing and hum your praise to God throughout the day.

Prayer:
Thank you Lord for the gift of music and song, that we use it to praise and speak to you. Thank you for the great encouragement of the songs of the Bible and the Psalms. Thank you for Nico and all the worship team at Holy Trinity, bless and inspire them in all that they do. Amen.

Penny Cox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be Alert (Liz Morris)

Jesus and the strong man (Nico Marais)

God Sings Over You With Joy (Penny Cox)