The dark deathly valleys (James Clee)


Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. (Psalm 23:4)

I’m pretty sure the sheep is utterly bemused at this point. Two verses ago we were lying in grassy pastures by tranquil waters, now we are walking in the dark, down deathly valleys. Situations in life can change in an instant, and we can be left asking ‘why?’. But one thing is consistent, the shepherd is always with us.


Lord, thank you for always being with us. Thank you that you beat death on the cross. Even when life is hard, and we can’t see a way out of the valley, let us remember that you are still there. Amen


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breakfast On The Beach (Penny Cox)

Be Alert (Liz Morris)

Jesus and the strong man (Nico Marais)